Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Three Graces

In ancient Greek religion the three Graces were the daughters of Zeus and, amongst other things, goddesses of charm, beauty and creativity.

I've just had a conversation with an old friend who is worried about losing his job and we were discussing the positives, the graces, in our lives: those that we can depend on in difficult times. 

I post the picture of the little 19th century Modern French chair covered in a silk shirting from the 1980s because it personifies for me the qualities we are going to need: grace, creativity and charm, if we are to get through these times with any sanity. 

In our own time there are goddesses of the blogosphere who bring to our attention elements of charm, grace and creativity. These Graces, many more than three,  I salute as ones I depend on - above all at times like these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment